Monday, June 11, 2007

Mini Sojourn

Last week I was working at the library and found little energy at the end of the day to post. I'm working from home for the next few weeks and hope to find a healthy rhythm for regular blogging.

I just read an interesting article in the NYTs that discusses memory and recall, something I struggle with constantly. The article, Decreased Demands on Cognitive Control Reveal the Neural Processing Benefits of Forgetting, describes a study that was published in Nature Neuroscience. In sum, the researchers show by mapping the neural networks of the brain that forgetfulness is an adaptive neural response. If you're interested in reading the full-text of the article, I would suggest submitting an Interlibrary Loan at your public, university, or work library. My library's electronic subscription has a 1-year embargo which means that this current issues is not available. If you're interested in reading more about the cost-benefit-analysis of print versus electronic journal subscriptions, I highly recommend reading this article published in D-Lib Magazine.

No comments: