Thursday, March 11, 2010

Una Loves


The start of both the fall and spring semesters are always crazed. Working only three days a week is wonderful for many, many reasons with, perhaps, the most obvious being that I am able to be myself as me and not as an extension of Una. But I do feel extremely overextended at work as I try to complete five days of work into three. At present, I am in the thick of it at work and am already looking forward to the end of March as this is when I will be able to breath a little more easily. Literally. I will finally have the time to do yoga during my lunch hour rather than stuff my pie-hole while multi-tasking an array of things all of which are completed in a rushed, so-so fashion. I share this only to subtly explain why I haven't found the time to write about what I love best: Una.

As I think about Una, what comes to mind most often these days is her loving energy  radiating on everyone and everything she encounters. She's not a shy child and unknowingly casts spells by romancing those around her. I often find myself falling into her as our eyes lock, but this is what a mother is supposed to do: to be the mirror and to reflect ourselves into the eyes of our children. But it's glorious to watch this 16-month little girl with a fierce sense of independence brighten up every corner with her, "Hi Baby!" that she lovingly squeals to anyone and anything that will take note. Without further adieu, I have made a rather long list of all the things that Una loves. I have also tried to include a lot of new photos, but was having some difficulty with the sizing and arrangement.
People                                   
Lola
Mama (Grandma)
Papa (Grandpa Phil)
Psc, Psc-momma (Pascale)
Mamon (Ammon)
Finn
CuLu (Lucas)
Baby (Hugh and Ila)
Isha (Ishaan)
Kulk-eh (Ulka)
Everyone at the Parkslope Food COOP
Everyone on the Subway





Animals
Ducks (we suspect that Una was a duck in a past life)
Birds
LuLu (All Cats)
Tilda (Matilda)
Ha-ha (For Toby she pants like a dog)
Turtles
Mo-Mos (bunnies)



















 
















 




Things and Activities
Her baby doll (lovingly made my Sonia)
Zsu-Zsu (nursey)
Trees
Trains
Planes
Pillows
Playing on the bed
Books
Blocks
GoGo (stroller)
Coloring 
Horsey Go-Go
Playing Dress-Up (especially hats and scarves)
Mischief 
Wooden Fruits
Wooden Vegetables
iPhones
Listening to Music
Swinging at the playground
Sitting in big chairs
Nursing
Dancing
Singing

















Foods
Prunes
Blueberries
Banana
Pear
Mango
Apple
Turkey
Chicken
Yogurt
Curry Tofu
Adobe
Pancit
Peter Luger's Steak
Cheddar Mo-Mo Crackers (bunny crackers)
Cheese

2 comments:

willowpixie said...

Thanks for posting these lovely photos. I'm counting the days until I can see you and Una. I especially love that photo of her in the tunnel wearing all those stripes- would love a copy. And that one in the highchair looking up at you- something about it reminds me of Peter. Really wonderful pictures.xxx

*HealthyBibliotec said...

I am counting the days too!! And I think that I can see Peter in both of the highchair photos. Good eye! I never would have noticed that. xoxo