Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hibernating

I haven't posted on my blog since before the holiday season. I have a few excuses:
1. I slammed my finger in one of the heavy doors leading into our apartment building. Typing was painful for a couple of weeks. It's healing nicely these days.
2. I had the pleasure of hosting my dear friend, Lorie, over the long weekend once my finger started to feel better.
3. It's January and I've been hibernating, except that there has been an excess of food -- specifically homemade cookies, homemade bread, artisan chocolates, and mojitos because I like to pretend that we're still in Saint Martin.



In any case, happy 2010. May this year's quota of suffering be over.  May wars end (if anyone wants to read the full-text, I'll see what I can do). May there be peace.

To celebrate the promise of a new year,  I'm including the latest results of Una's healthy doctor's report along with the list of our ever growing nicknames for the little bug.

Una at 15 Months
Weight: 19 pounds
Length: 31 inches
Head: 46.5 cm

Nicknames
Baby Beans
Baby Bug
Baby Rice
Beans
Beans & Rice
Bug
Buggles
Buggle T Buggletons
Buggletons
Buggy
Buggy Bugs
Bugs
Bugsy LaRue
Bunches
Bunches of Honey Love
Buttons
Buttons of Love
Cucu-Nucu
Cute-na
Kerplunkett
Lady Love
Love Lump
Monkey
Monkey Moona
Monkey Munks
Monkey Rice
Monster
Moona
Muffin
Munkins Punkins
Munks
Munks & Beans
Nugget
Peanut
Peanut Butter
Peanut Butter and Jelly
Plunkett
Plunky
Plunky Brewster
Pumpkin
Pumpkin Peanut
Sweetna
Sugar Lump
Tonkatsu
Una Bug
Una Petunia Buhnoonah
Unachka
Unagi
Unabelle

 

4 comments:

melissa said...

i love all of the nicknames! all of the rice ones are brilliant.

we don't have quite as many for little hugh, although recently the old standby of mumkins pumpkins evolved into "mump-mumps."

sonia said...

did you make that bread? wowzers. and yes, we too have a growing list of nicknames of Kairav at 4 months. our favorite is of course hot chubby. senor squishy pants is up there on the list too.

sonia said...

did you make that bread? wowzers. and yes, we too have a growing list of nicknames of Kairav at 4 months. our favorite is of course hot chubby. senor squishy pants is up there on the list too.

*HealthyBibliotec said...

Michael baked the bread, but I made the cookies. Both were delicious, but the bread is prettier. I've since made a few more batches of the cookies; I'll post some pictures as they look a lot less sloppy. I can't wait to bite hot chubby.