Sunday, December 13, 2009

Things That Give Me Joy

I've never felt the spirit of Christmas as strong as I have this year, except for maybe when I believed in Santa Claus. But it's different, still.  It's not the gift giving and receiving part of Christmas that I am exciting for as I was when a little girl, but rather the deep connection and longing for family and friends, light and dark,  life and loss that hovers with winter's gloaming. So, in the spirit of those that I love dearly and the reason that I am excited to listen to Christmas music non-stop, bake cookies and pies until my pants feel a little snug, and acknowledge that angels are real while hugging my darling Una, here is mini photo collage devoted to my dearest and closest that I have been lucky enough to have in my life and capture on my iphone recently:








No comments: